Report from the Board:
- The Board is working on developing a new website for the school. Fiona Wilson, teacher in classroom 5 is leading this project and she gave a presentation to the board on how the new site will look. The aim is to have a website which will provide lots of information about the school and will enable us to communicate more effectively with the wider school community. The website will be updated regularly and will bring you news about upcoming events, what’s happening in school and information from the parent’s association. We would like to include some photos of the children on the website and we will be in contact with you shortly to get your consent to do this. All suggestions about the new website are welcome.
- The school has used money from recent donations and fundraising events to install whiteboards in two classrooms and to provide better wifi in four classes. The pupils are delighted with the whiteboards and are making great use of them.
- A number of classes are participating in the Department of Education’s Food Dudes programme. Children will be sampling lots of fruit and vegetables and healthy foods over the next few weeks and will be learning lots about a healthy lifestyle.
- The school’s Patron has advised the BOM that the new school building will not be built on the site in Kilmullen Lane. The Patron and the BOM are looking for an alternative site for the new school. The Patron’s preferred option is that the new school will be built alongside a mainstream school. The Patron has set up meetings with the Department of Education and Skills and the National Council for Special Education to discuss our needs.
- The Board has set up a sub committee to review the school’s present accommodation in the EDC and Kilmullen Lane. We will be having both a health and safety and a fire safety review in the coming weeks.
- The Board has commenced a review the school’s health and safety policy.
- The computers in some of the classrooms are broken and obsolete. We plan on gradually replacing the computers as soon as funds permit. In the meantime the Board would like to ask if anyone has a computer they are not using to consider donating it to the school. Please contact the school secretary in this regard.
Best wishes, Stephen Donnelly (Chairperson)