Report from Board of Management Meeting – 04.10.17
- Welcome Back The Board would like to welcome back all students and staff after the summer break. We hope everyone has settled back well into school. An extra warm welcome is extended to new students to our school this year. Seven students graduated at the end of June 2017 and we wish those students all the best in their futures.
- Car Parking Thank you to Eleanor our Deputy Principal for organising and coordinating the improvements to the car park in Kilmullen Lane. Parking and bus turning space was urgently required in Kilmullen Lane and a new path was laid around the front of the school and to the grass playground area.
- Best Wishes The Board were sorry to hear that Lynda Woolmington has handed in her resignation as SNA in our school. Lynda has a great rapport with our students and she is a very valued team member. We wish her all the best in her new job, her new school is very lucky to have her joining them.
- New Staff Sinead Hannon has joined our secretarial team. Warmest welcomes are extended to Sinead. The Board would also like to welcome our new bus escorts and drivers to our school community.
- Acting Principal The Board would like inform staff, parents and the wider school community of the appointment of Fiona Wilson to the position of Acting Principal. The Board wishes Teresa a speedy recovery.
- Fresh Today Fresh Today continue to provide school lunches for our students. Letters were sent home earlier this month with usernames and passwords in order to review and change lunch orders.
- Classroom 13 The Board continues to be concerned about the inadequacies of our school buildings. Many of our classrooms are too small. In particular, classroom 13, Annette’s class, is finding it extremely difficult to manage in their class where the students have high medical needs and lots of specialised equipment. They simply just need more room. The Board will continue to advocate for the need for our new school.
- Fundraising The Parents Association are working tirelessly on the Strictly fundraising event. The Board would like to take this opportunity to thank the Parent’s Association for all their efforts. Huge thanks to all the dancers who have volunteered to take part. We hear rehearsals are well underway and we look forward having a great night of dance, music and entertainment.
- School Materials thanks to everyone who has sent in money for the school materials and to remind parents that school materials money can be sent to Angela in the school office.
- Halloween The Board would like to wish everyone a happy and safe October mid-term. If they would like to, students are invited to dress up on Friday 27th for some Halloween fun in school.
Next meeting – Tuesday 14th November